Trump raises more than $6.6 million after appearing in Miami

The former president headed to the golf club he owns in New Jersey where his donors were waiting for him at a fundraiser dinner that cost each person $1,000.

Donald Trump raised more than $4.5 million during a fundraiser that took place hours after he appeared before a judge in Miami. The former president headed to the golf club he owns in Bedminster, New Jersey, where his donors were waiting for him to join them for dinner, which cost each person at least $1,000.

The former president arrived after appearing in Miami. He hosted a "candlelight dinner" for and raised a total of $2.04 million. Major donors and members of his campaign attended the dinner and witnessed, firsthand, how the Republican primary candidate made his triumphant return after pleading not guilty. This dinner was the first time he spoke after his arraignment. The event was attended by Senator Tommy Tuberville (R-Ala.), who sat at the same table as the former president.

Trump was not the only one who spoke with donors at the event. Politico reported that both Ric Grennel, the former acting director of Naval Intelligence for the Trump administration, and Donald Trump Jr.'s fianceé, Kimberly Guilfoyle, attended the event and spoke with donors.

What will Trump use the proceeds for?

The former president took advantage of the event. He gave a speech at the main entrance of his golf club that was broadcast live by several American television networks.

The former president told Fox News that the fundraiser was planned long before he was indicted. The event went off as planned and raised a large amount of money. 90% of the proceeds will go to the Trump 2024 campaign. while the remaining 10% will be used to increase the funds of Trump's Save America PAC, the organization that foots the bill for non-campaign expenses, which include paying the former president's legal bills.