U.S. extends family reunification to El Salvador, Colombia, Guatemala and Honduras

Nationals of these four Hispanic countries may apply for a temporary residency permit if they have family members living legally in the United States.

Salvadorans, Guatemalans, Hondurans and Colombians may benefit from a new extension of the family reunification migration process announced by DHS on Friday.

Specifically, nationals of these countries who have family members living in the United States as U.S. citizens or permanent residents may apply for a temporary stay permit.

This authorization will be analyzed on a case-by-case basis, and will be extended for up to three years while the beneficiaries wait to apply for permanent residency. In the meantime, they may apply for employment authorization.

The temporary permit already included Cuban and Haitian families.